Before we choose the best option, we always compare, weed out and doubt a lot. This is a completely natural process. Sometimes, in order to understand that the chosen tool for work is the best one, we need to monitor and try dozens of great options.
If you haven’t convinced yet that Shopify is the best among famous e-commerce solutions, then this post will be helpful as here we consider top Shopify alternatives and competitors.
Therefore, if you want to build an online store, take 5 minutes to read the following.
But before, make sure you know everything about your favorite e-commerce platform – the detailed review on Shopify is here.
Some of the competitors have roughly similar or equivalent functionality to build and grow your business, while some propose less. Let’s keep moving.
Shopify alternatives: criteria to compare
Considering the main Shopify competitors, it’s worth to pay attention to the following points that will be useful in folding the puzzle together:
- Availability and ease of use. One of the most thing for e-commerce platforms is to involve everyday people to test the builders. Tests should be rounded off with an interview about how people found the platform and their scores.
- Features profusion. Some of the platforms are purpose-built to sell online, so they have advanced tools for that. Some e-commerce builders offer the ability to sell online as an extra, so their tools aren’t quite as powerful.
- Template design. It’s also important to understand how many templates there are for you to choose from and how many different industries they cover.
- Popularity is also an important factor. Selecting the best Shopify alternatives, we’ve also considered how highly people recommend the e-commerce builder after using it, and how well-known the builder’s brand is.
- Pricing. Prices will always change depending on how long you sign up for. They are based on monthly fees as advertised on each e-commerce builder’s own website.
Top 5 Shopify alternatives and competitors
Volusion is one of the oldest e-commerce website builders that is designed to help you run your store. Perhaps, the platform is not so powerful as others, however, it has a big pool of fans.
Volusion allows paying bills, offering some smart selling tools. It has the set of tools to make your start in online selling as easy and successful as possible. Among the other useful features, you’ll get abandoned cart recovery and the ability to personalize invoices, POS receipts, and packing slips. Volusion also provides its users with excellent analytics and data reporting tools. You are able to analyze customer behavior, track stock levels, record revenue and total orders, and track conversions.
If you’d like to know about possible drawbacks, there is no blogging function and SSL certificates cost extra money. In addition, Volusion cannot sell digital products.
Volusion is not the easiest builder to use, however, if are excited about tracking the success of your store, this platform looks like a good alternative to Shopify.
BigCommerce is a famous leading e-commerce builder that provides great scalability for online stores. This reputable platform assists to build online stores and you even do not need a tech background or know how to code. There is no need to worry about security upgrades and configurations. BigCommerce takes care of all the back-end tech aspects of operating an e-commerce store for you.
With the help of the platform, you can easily run your store and start selling without extra efforts. All you need is to prepare appropriate content and products positioning, connect to a payment processor and start your business.
Of course, you’ll have some time to set up time, but after you’ve dealt with it, you” be able to focus on sales, marketing, optimizing your store and so on.
BigCommerce is the most scalable e-commerce platform that allows selling across multiple channels (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest). It provides clients with 24/7 support (live chatting, phone, emailing) so you always can get answers to your questions.
Are there any drawbacks? BigCommerce has a rather complex terminology that is not so suitable for beginners. There is also no mobile app to run a store on the go.
WooCommerce is one more obvious competitor of Shopify. The main difference between the platforms is that Shopify looks better if you need an all-in-one-package. WooCommerce seems more appropriate and relevant if you already have a website. It’s a plugin that works with WordPress. It helps to turn a website into an online store.
Nowadays WordPress is rather advanced to power some of the biggest websites in the world, including some powerful ecommerce stores.
If you want to use WooCommerce to power your e-commerce store, you will need some initial technical skills to help you build and maintain all the tech aspects of the website. WooCommerce offers a lot of free tools and features. If you want the advanced functionality, you can also buy premium extensions.
Wix is a multi-featured e-commerce builder that can be also considered as the successful competitor of Shopify. This platform seems ideal for anyone who is looking to combine intuitive editing tools with e-commerce functionality for an online store.
Wix allows placing any content anywhere on your website. It is very easy to use and has great dedicated support.
With the help of this platform, you’ll save a lot of time and efforts as Wix makes it painless to tweak existing designed e-commerce templates into a convenient fully functioning online store. Let’s say, Wix is an excellent option for you if you are a small business owner and want to build an online store, without suffering around techie stuff.
Weebly is widely known as one of the best drag and drop website builders for small businesses. Its functionality allows considering Weebly as Shopify alternative as well.
Weebly e-commerce tool is one of the easiest platforms to use for building online stores. Someone may say that Weebly’s features are not as comprehensive as pure online store builders such as Shopify. However, many people all over the world appreciate its features for building a successful online store.
Weebly is really helpful for creating websites, and if you want to sell online and unlock more features – you are able to upgrade to the premium plans.
To sum it up
Surely, all of these Shopify alternatives look worthy. However, to make the long story short, the following benefits may be outlined:
- Volusion will appropriate if you are looking for impressive analytics and data reporting tools both with a specialized e-commerce platform’s functionality.
- BigCommerce is the best alternative for large businesses. If you’re willing to sell more than 50 products on your online store, this platform is right for you.
- WooCommerce is the cheapest Shopify alternatives as it is free to use.
- Wix is the best option if you need a huge range of stunning templates.
- Weebly looks like the easiest option. It is good for anyone looking to create an online store simply and quickly.
After all, if you have compared all of them, you will definitely appreciate Shopify as an all-in-one-package platform that will satisfy all the needs of your online store.